Financial assistance from government and private sources is available to families of people who have autism and other disabilities that have been affected by Hurricane Gustav or other natural disasters.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provides financial assistance to families that have been affected by natural disasters. FEMA provides assistance with the costs of temporary housing, home repairs, home replacement and home construction for families that have been displaced by a hurricane or other natural disaster. In addition, FEMA provides financial assistance for other necessary expenses and serious needs caused by a disaster. FEMA also provides crisis counseling, disaster unemployment assistance, legal services and information about tax breaks for families that have survived a natural disaster.
Click on the links for information about financial assistance available from FEMA or to apply for disaster-related federal financial assistance. Check out FEMA’s helpful list of resources for people who have been affected by specific disasters.
AutismCares provides up to $1,500 in assistance to families that have survived a natural disaster. Mesa Angeles Foundation provides grants and loans to families that have critical financial needs as a result of a natural disaster or other crisis.
Sphere: Related Content
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
- Funding Autism Treatment Takes Resourcefulness and...
- Trusera Autism Community
- Excellent Resources for Parents Raising Children w...
- Autism Foundation of Ingham County Grants
- Social Networking Community for Moms of Children W...
- Children’s Disabilities Information
- Fathers Autism Guide
- Use Passive Savings Programs to Fund Autism Treatm...
- Fathers Network Offers Support to Dads of Children...
- Develop and Implement an Autism Treatment Plan
- Funding Autism Treatment with Health Insurance
- Funding Autism Treatment with a Medical Care Flexi...
- College Resources for Students with Autism
- Funding Autism Treatment
- Jennifer Ashleigh Children’s Charity
- Lend A Hand Society Provides Emergency Financial A...
- Lenox Baker Special Assistance Fund
- Special Needs Learning and Therapy Software at 50%...
- Disaster Assistance for Indiana Residents with Dis...
- Resources for Families of People with Disabilities...
- Financial Assistance for Families of People with D...
- ▼ September (21)
Blogging for autism awareness? Join us.