Here are some helpful resources for families of people who have autism, other disabilities or special needs prepare for and deal with the aftermath of natural disasters:
Stephen M. Shore has published a document about preparing people with autism and their supporters for natural disasters.
The Red Cross has prepared a booklet about disaster preparedness for people with disabilities.
Katrinadisability.info provides a collection of tips and information to prepare people with disabilities, caregivers and first responders to cope with natural disasters and other emergencies.
Family Village has compiled a list of links to hurricane relief resources for people with disabilities.
United Cerebral Palsy lists information, phone numbers and links for disaster relief assistance hotlines and organizations.
Sphere: Related Content
- Funding Autism Treatment Takes Resourcefulness and...
- Trusera Autism Community
- Excellent Resources for Parents Raising Children w...
- Autism Foundation of Ingham County Grants
- Social Networking Community for Moms of Children W...
- Children’s Disabilities Information
- Fathers Autism Guide
- Use Passive Savings Programs to Fund Autism Treatm...
- Fathers Network Offers Support to Dads of Children...
- Develop and Implement an Autism Treatment Plan
- Funding Autism Treatment with Health Insurance
- Funding Autism Treatment with a Medical Care Flexi...
- College Resources for Students with Autism
- Funding Autism Treatment
- Jennifer Ashleigh Children’s Charity
- Lend A Hand Society Provides Emergency Financial A...
- Lenox Baker Special Assistance Fund
- Special Needs Learning and Therapy Software at 50%...
- Disaster Assistance for Indiana Residents with Dis...
- Resources for Families of People with Disabilities...
- Financial Assistance for Families of People with D...
- ▼ September (21)
Blogging for autism awareness? Join us.